Friday, May 1, 2009

Helping with the Sub Sales

I went to the church on Wed. around 10am to help with the subs. I was on the veggie crew. The kids come in later and put the sandwiches together. I was doing tomatoes and lettuce. I was doing the tomato slicer, which rocks! Wish I took a picture of it. You put the tomato on it and push it through and bam, perfect slices! It's quick and easy. The guys where coring but they couldn't keep up with me so they asked us girls to help core real quick. I said okay and started coring. I was doing 7 to their 1, they were impressed with my coring abilities so I lost my cushy job as tomato slicer!! LOL!! Pastor Carson took over that one. Ah well!

Once they were all sliced we put them in litter boxes, yup that's what they are but they were never used for that! LOL!! Then we all sat around and put 2 slices per baggie until they were all done. I think we did 750 bags.

Once we were finally done with that we all had lunch of PB&J sandwiches with chips. It was really good as that is my favorite sandwich! Then it was back to work. This time with lettuce! We had to make 750 bags of lettuce too. I did what I could but had to leave at 2pm to get the boys from school.

The boys were doing it wrong and every time you picked up a bag of lettuce it all fell out. We had to show them how to do it right and we made Seth, the one you see there, tape up all the ones they did wrong, LOL!!

Georgia cuts the bread every year. She buys it fresh the day we made the subs.

After I got the boys from school they had music lessons and then I dropped them off at the church to assemble the subs. CJ sold 12. I ate mine that night and so did Chuck! LOL! Joe had his cut in half and that made 2 lunches. CJ ate his last night before gymnastics. CJ took the subs to school and handed them out to the teachers that bought them. It was a long day but it was fun!

No comments: