Saturday, May 9, 2009

Flat Tire

Man, what a day today has been! Tomorrow we are going to a birthday party so Chuck wanted to take me out for Mother's Day today. He wanted to take me to Erie and look around for porch swings and go out to eat and see a movie. We left at 2pm and we get about 10 minutes from the house and I hit something in the road and popped my back passenger side tire! I pull off into a gass well driveway and we had to call his brother, Dave, to come rescue us.

WHY?

Because my spare has been dead since 2006!!! It has a bent rim and doesn't hold air, though the tire itself is fine. Wonderful!! Now we are stuck with no spare and had to call for help. Dave FINALLY gets there and takes us home and we took Chuck's truck to Erie. We got the tire fixed at Wal*Mart. We now have lost 2 hours!

But, we did have a great time! We ate at the Outback, looked around at the swings, stopped at the video store with the boys, saw the movie "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and then went back to my truck to changed the tire.

BUT, I must have left the key turned in the ingnition as the truck was dead and I couldn't get the doors open. You have to have power to use the keypad or the remote. I haven't EVER used the key to open the door so it's froze up! SO, we left my truck there and we will deal with it tomorrow. I guess I won't be going to church and getting my flower :(


No comments: