Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rough Day

I got sick today around lunch time. My head started to hurt, I was shaky and a little nauseous and I just felt horrible. I spent the whole day on the couch watching TV till it was time to leave. I never do that! I left a little early because we needed some food for the weekend so I went to Save-A-Lot before I got the boys from school. I got to the school a little early and while I was waiting I got sicker. I didn't think I would be able to drive home. At 2:19 I remembered that Joe had an eye appointment in town at 2pm. I totally forgot!! I called but they couldn't see him since we missed his appointment. I felt SO bad!!! He really wanted to get his eyes checked, he thinks his prescription changed. He is having a hard time seeing at school. He can't get back in till March 3 at 11:15am now. I still feel bad about that. It's on the calendar and I knew about it all week long! I was just so sick today that I totally forgot!

I did mange to make it home and the boys brought in the food. I went right to bed and stayed there till morning! I feel fine today even went to SNAP and worked out today. I have no idea why I was so sick. I wonder if I'm having a hard time with my blood sugar levels and that is what is making me so sick, no idea. I had oatmeal and a pear before working out and did just fine.

I still have to find a low cholesterol diet because the doctor wants me to follow one. I need to get my cholesterol down or I'll end up with a stroke or heart attack at 40! SHEESH!! I can't believe it went up so high. Here is what I have found:

Less than 200

Desirable level that puts you at lower risk for coronary heart disease. A cholesterol level of 200 or higher raises your risk.

200 to 239

Borderline high

240 and above

High blood cholesterol. A person with this level has more than twice the risk of coronary heart disease as someone whose cholesterol is below 200.


So, why isn't the doctor concerned with my cholesterol number? He is more worried about my blood sugar levels. No idea but I am going to ask him when I see him on the 13th. He's on vacation right now for 2 weeks so I'll have to wait.

No comments: