Sunday, February 15, 2009

Long Weekend

Well, our power came back on Friday evening. Our generator ran out of gas and I went out to go get more and noticed that all the neighbors had lights on and no one was running generators any more. So, I'm glad I didn't have to spend another $10 for gas! We flipped some switches and we had power again. Thank goodness!

So, the boys didn't have school on Friday because it was parent/teacher conference day and they don't have school on Monday either. So, they have a very long weekend since there was no school on Thursday because of the power outages. They are mostly playing the new game world of warcraft. They each bought themselves the game and it comes with a 30 day playing limit. This is a pay as you go game. I think it's $15 a month to play. I told them I am NOT paying that, so they have to pay for it themselves. They will have jobs this summer and then they can play again. LOL!

Saturday night we went over to the neighbors house for cake and ice cream. We stayed for 2 hours and when we got home all of us had to shower and I washed everything we were wearing! I hate when people smoke inside and they live in a smaller trailer then we do! This is the neighbors that used to scream cuss words at us as we drove by. We are trying to make them sort of friends so we don't have to put up with that any more. I invited them over to our big picnic on July 28th 2008 and since then it's been much better. The kids come over and I get them music off the net for their MP3 players and the Dad is getting there though he won't wave when we pass at least the swearing and screaming has stopped LOL!

I feel like being lazy today. We have church this morning and then we'll just come home and have lunch, watch TV and lay around. Sounds good to me! I need to make some cookies and bread today. We'll see if that happens. I have a REALLY good no-bake recipe that I have been making. Usually when I make them they taste yucky but this one I got from a lady at church and it's really good! But I should make some peanut butter ones too today.

No comments: