Sunday, August 31, 2008

Surprise Picnic

Had a picnic last night and of course with fireworks. This was our 6th fireworks show this year. I think this was the best one of all. I didn't even know about the picnic until noon. Brenda text'ed me and asked me what time to be there and I said, "Oh, about 8:30 or so, it's just fireworks." She then said Chuck told her there was a picnic and to come around 5pm!! I went out and asked him and he forgot to tell me!! He told everyone BUT me!! Here it is noon and people are coming at 5pm for hamburgers and hot dogs and such! Of course I had NOTHING in the house to feed all these people. So, I had to run to the store and get everything, come home and made macaroni salad, a pineapple cake, and 2 loaves of bread. So, we had plenty of food but by the time 5pm came I was so tired! I actually feel asleep around 5:15 and Brenda got here at 6pm. Everyone is always late.

We had lawn games and Autumn brought her soccer ball and we had a football.. I got nailed by the football in the leg and I was sitting on the deck! My MIL almost got it in the head but she ducked so I got it in the leg LOL! Better me then her.

After the fireworks we had cake and people finally left at 10pm. I was laying in bed at 9:30 LOL!! We've had Dave over to play with the boys all weekend long. He just went home today after church. It's nice to have a quiet house again.

No comments: