Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rough Second Day

Joe had a rough day yesterday because he hasn't done locks before and it took him over 30 tries to get into his locker and was late for 2 classes. At the end of the day he couldn't open it for over ½ an hour poor guy!! I had no idea, I couldn't find him and thought that he took the bus home anyway. I told him not to since we have music lessons. He was crying when I finally found him. I was parked out back and he was out front. So, I went over some stuff with him about how locks work and how to clear them to start again. How to go really slow and make sure it's right on the number, stuff like that. His teacher said she would help him today with it. I hope it all goes well but I told him if he misses his bus, no big deal!! Just call me I'm only 10 minutes away. I don't want him to leave his homework in his locker just to make the bus.

CJ got really frustrated and wanted to quit football. Seems some of the guys on the team don't like him cuz last year they were all on opposite teams (they played for the local park here in town) and CJ hit them really hard and they want pay backs!! GOOD GRIEF!!! Chuck talked to him, thank God I kept my mouth shut on the whole thing. CJ is okay today and back to football. He is going to let those boys have it at practice and let them know who's boss LOL!!

They both aren't used to homework. You don't really have homework at South Ridge unless you didn't get your goals done. Which is a certain number of pages in each booklet. So, they are a little overwhelmed but I think once they are used to it and have some sort of grove go'n on they will be okay.

Joe likes his Math class. He is in Math 3 and CJ is in Math 2. Chuck had to help him with the math homework, I just don't get it. So, Chuck said he'll be sure to get home in time to help him out with that in the evenings. Thank goodness! CJ's favorite class is Science and Joe's is Math. Joe is also taking Band and is playing the Saxophone. He is worried because the other kids are much better than he is. They have been playing their instruments since 5th grade he is just starting. Knowing Joe and music though, he'll be fine in a couple of months LOL!

I'm really hoping today goes much better then yesterday!!!!

No comments: